African American History
- African Americans in Kansas and the West: a bibliography
- Topeka directories relating to the African American community
- African American newspapers in Kansas
- Brown v. Board of Education, Topeka Era Bibliography
- American Federation of Musicians of the U.S. and Canada
- Brown v. Topeka Board of Education Oral History Collection
- Mamie Luella Williams Collection
- Paul E. Wilson Papers, 1951-1975
Oliver Brown vs. Board of Education, Topeka on microfilm
U.S. District Court case file
- Civil Rights During the Eisenhower Administration, 1953-1961 on microfilm
- Civil Rights During the Kennedy Administration, 1961-1963 on microfilm
The Historical Census Browser on the University of Virginia Library's website includes historic population data for African Americans in Kansas.
Lawrence Public Library's African American oral history website
The Public Broadcasting System's website includes a transcription of Benjamin Singleton's 1880 Senate testimony about the Exodusters.
The U.S. Dept. of Education's list of free teaching resources for African American history.