Annual Members Meeting
139th Kansas Historical Foundation Annual Meeting
November 7, 2014
Kansas Historical Society, Topeka
Kansas Historical Society Museum Classrooms:
9:30 a.m. Presidents Welcome Coffee
• Hosted by President Jack Alexander and President elect Deborah Barker
10 a.m. Kansas Museum of History: A New Beginning
• Interactive board presentation and discussion
12 p.m. Annual Members Meeting
• A Taste of Southeast Kansas
• Presentation of Awards
• Election of the board of directors, class of 2017, and honorary board
• President’s Address, Jack Alexander, A Personal Commemoration of Brown v. Board
1:15 p.m. 2014 Fiscal Year in Review
• Update on strategic plans
2:15 p.m. Board of Directors Meeting
• Treasurer’s report
• Committee reports
• Election of 2015 officers and executive committee, class of 2017
• Passing of the gavel
3 p.m. Adjournment
Review the list of 2014 nominations for executive committee, officers, and board of directors class of 2017.
Print a schedule of events (PDF) for the 2014 meeting.
Held the first Friday in November at the Kansas Historical Society, the annual members meeting includes the election of members of the board of directors, a luncheon with a program, and opportunities to learn more about the Kansas Historical Society and Foundation. The board of directors meeting includes the treasurer report, committee reports, and the election of officers and executive committee members.
The annual meeting includes presentations of the Alfred M. Landon Historical Research Grants, Edgar Langsdorf Award, and the Edward N. Tihen Historical Publication Awards, and recognition of retiring and honorary board members and executive committee members.
The Kansas Historical Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.