Kansas Preservation Conference
The 2012 Kansas Preservation Conference was planned in partnership with the Regional Energy Sustainability Summit and Fair in Wichita, KS and was held January 25-28, 2012.
This event provided an opportunity to experience two great conferences with a single registration.
- Kansas Historic Preservation Office staff presented introductory information on the Kansas Historic Resources Inventory (KHRI), listing a property to the National Register of Historic Places, and funding programs for historic properties.
- Attendees toured the historic Orpheum Theater and attended screenings of two documentaries.
- Sessions included information on new technology meant to improve energy efficiency in existing buildings.
- Individuals, organizations, and companies networked and shared their passion for preserving historic resources while providing for a sustainable future.
- Homeowners learned how to effectively winterize their homes.
- A showcase of products and services from vendors working with energy efficiency, environmental compliance, sustainability, historic preservation, and LEED design was presented.
Check here for information on upcoming preservation workshops and seminars.