Beyond Lewis and Clark - Related Links
Explore these links to learn more about western explorers and events.
- KSHS, Keep the Flag to the Front: Battle Flags of Kansas
- KSHS, First Kansas Colored Infantry Flag
- KSHS, Save the Flags!
- KSHS, Military Records: Civil War
- KSHS, "Price Raid" painting
- PBS, The Civil War
Corps of Discovery
- Lewis and Clark in Kansas
- PBS, Lewis & Clark: The Journey of the Corps of Discovery
- Fort Mandan Foundation, Discovering Lewis & Clark
- Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation
Custer, George Armstrong
Emory, William H.
Frémont, Jessie Benton
- KSHS, Trading post scales
- Britannica Online, Women in American History, Frémont biography
- Image courtesy Southwest Museum Los Angeles, 81.G.2
Frémont, John C.
- PBS, Lewis biography
- U.S. Corps of Topographical Engineers, Long biography
- Kansas State Library, Blue Skyways, Kansas and Kansans
- KSHS, Old Kickapoo Cannon
- KSHS, "Disorganizing Effects of the Mexican War on the Santa Fe Trade"
- KSHS, "History of Pawnee Rock State Historic Site"
Pacific Railroad Survey
- KSHS, "Following Pike's Expedition from the Smoky Hill to the Solomon"
- Washington University, Pike's journal
- PBS, Lewis and Clark: The Journey of the Corps of Discovery, Sacagawea biography
- Houghton Mifflin, Encyclopedia of North American Indians, Sacagawea biography
Stevens, Isaac I., & Pacific Railroad Survey
Topographic Engineers, Corps of
- U.S. Corps of Topographical Engineers, "A History of the U.S. Topographical Engineers, 1818-1863"
U.S.-Mexican Boundary Survey
- U.S. Corps of Topographical Engineers, "The Geography of Chaos: William H. Emory's Images of the Texas Borderlands"
War of 1812
- PBS, Lewis and Clark: The Journey of the Corps of Discovery, York biography
Beyond Lewis and Clark is an online exhibit developed by the Kansas Museum of History. It is the result of a partnership between the Kansas Historical Society, the Virginia and Washington State historical societies, the U. S. Army's Frontier Army Museum at Leavenworth, and the U. S. Army Center of Military History.
Contact us at KansasMuseum@kshs.org