Jump to Navigation

Cottonwood Ranch - About

History

John Fenton Pratt, pictured leftIn 1885 the first section of the house at Cottonwood Ranch was constructed. The original house was a one-room, native-stone building measuring thirty-two and one-half by eighteen and a half feet on the inside, with a sod-covered roof and an earthen floor. more

State Historic Site

The state of Kansas acquired Cottonwood Ranch in 1982. The site was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1983, nominated for its association with the settlement of western Kansas and for its architecture.

News
 

Friends of Cottonwood Ranch

The Friends of Cottonwood Ranch support the site through fund raising. For more information write P.O. Box 13, Hoxie KS 67740.