Electronic Records Committee
The Electronic Records Committee (ERC), which is a Subcommittee of the Information Technology Advisory Board (ITAB), recommends and reviews policies, guidelines, and best practices for the creation, maintenance, long-term preservation of and access to electronic records created by Kansas state government.
- Managing Electronic Mail: Guidelines for Kansas Government Agencies (E-Mail Guidelines)
- Guidelines for Managing Records on Kansas Government Agency Web Sites
- Kansas Electronic Records Management Guidelines - provide guidance to users and managers of computer systems in Kansas government on identifying, capturing, managing and preserving electronic records.
- Kansas Electronic Record keeping Strategy: A White Paper – addresses the legal authority, division of responsibilities, principles and best practices related to electronic record keeping by Kansas state agencies.
- Electronic Record Keeping Plan Template – an attachment to an agency's records retention schedule to provide assurances to the State Records Board of the agency's ongoing maintenance of electronic records with enduring value.