First Territorial Capitol - Plan your visit
We invite you to visit First Territorial Capitol and discover more about this important place in Kansas history.
April - October
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday
12 - 5 p.m. Sunday
November - February by appointment
- Suggested contribution: $3 adults, $1 students; Kansas Historical Foundation members and children five and younger admitted free
- Portions ADA accessible. Please notify us prior to your visit if you or a member of your party requires accommodation for special needs or disabilities.
- This site is located on a U.S. Army post. All visitors are required to present photo ID, car insurance papers, and registration. Visitors must enter through the Henry Gate (Exit 301, U.S. Interstate 70) unless they have a military ID. They must fill out paperwork and wait a minimum of 10-20 minutes while an instant background check is performed. Those with licenses from Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, and Washington state can no longer enter an installation on their ID alone, they must bring two forms of ID to enter the base per the REAL ID Act. Fort Riley's Visitor Control Center has a phone line where they will answer questions at 785-239-2982.
- Groups rates available with prior notice
- Site administrator; 785-784-5535
- Find gifts and souvenirs related to the site at the Museum Store.
- Became a state site in 1927
- In Kansapedia
- In Kansas Memory
- National Register nomination, listed in 1970