First Territorial Capitol - Plan your visit
We invite you to visit First Territorial Capitol and discover more about this important place in Kansas history.
April - October
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday
12 - 5 p.m. Sunday
- November - February by appointment
- Closed holidays
- Suggested contribution: $3 adults, $1 students; Kansas Historical Foundation members and children five and younger admitted free
- Portions ADA accessible. Please notify us prior to your visit if you or a member of your party requires accommodation for special needs or disabilities.
- This site is located on a U.S. Army post. All visitors are required to present photo ID, car insurance papers, and registration.
- Groups rates available with prior notice
- Site administrator Eric Childs
- Find gifts and souvenirs related to the site at the Museum Store.
- Became a state site in 1927
- In Kansapedia
- In Kansas Memory
- National Register nomination, listed in 1970