Fort Hays - Plan your visit
We invite you to visit Fort Hays and discover more about this important place in Kansas history.
- Open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Wednesday - Saturday
- Closed state holidays
- $5 adults; $1 students; Kansas Historical Foundation members and children five and younger admitted free
- Portions ADA accessible. Please notify us prior to your visit if you or a member of your party requires accommodation for special needs or disabilities.
- Pets are welcome on the grounds of Fort Hays but are not allowed in the buildings. Dogs must be kept on a leash. Please clean up after your pet.
- Two weeks prior notice requested for groups of 10 or more.
- See the available group tours at this site:
- Grating, Grinding and Shaving
- Native Americans and the Buffalo
- Victorian Secrets
- Site administrator; 785-625-6812
- Became a state site in 1901
- In Kansapedia
- In Kansapedia on post surgeon
- In Kansas Memory
- National Register nomination, listed in 1971
- Find gift items and souvenirs related to the site's history.