Tours - Museum
The Kansas Museum of History in Topeka offers guided and self-guided tours for class visits. These tours provide visual and hands-on learning about Kansas history. Tours require a minimum of 10 participants and two weeks prior notice. Confirmation will be made by email or by phone.
Tour prices range from $3-$7.
- Bleeding Kansas and the Civil War (7th-8th grade)
- American Indian Homes in Kansas (1st grade)
- Lucy Goes to Oregon (Pre-K to 2nd grade)
- Museum Gallery Highlights (4th grade-adult)
- Oregon or Bust! (4th grade)
- Risk Takers and Pizza Makers (4th grade)
- Rural School Days (1st-6th grade, one hour tour)
- Rural School Days (4th-5th grade, four hour activity)
- Wagons, Wheels, and Wings (2nd grade)
- Westward Ho! (4th grade)
- Wichita: People of the Grass Lodge (1st grade)
For those who prefer to lead their own group, we offer self-guided tours that include a walk on the nature trail. These self-guided visits still must register at least two weeks in advance.
The State Archives in Topeka, located on the same complex, also offers guided tours, which are scheduled separately.
The Kansas Historical Society's historic sites also offer guided and self-guided tours.