Kansas State Capitol - Plan your visit
Whether a school group or an adult organization make a reservation to enjoy a historic tour of the seat of our state's government, the Kansas State Capitol. All tours of the Capitol are free of charge.
- Free guided historic tours, see tour hours
- Portions ADA accessible. Please notify us prior to your visit if you or a member of your party requires accommodation for special needs or disabilities.
- Closed state holidays, please check our calendar
Parking is available underground, with the entrance on the north side of the Capitol complex. Limited parking is available during the legislative season, January - May.
detailed parking information
- Capitol map (PDF)
- Guide to the Capitol (PDF)
- Guide to the Capitol - Spanish version (PDF)
- Self-Guided Tour (PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt (PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt answers (PDF)
Groups and individuals can tour the Capitol Monday through Friday.
- January through May tours begin at 9, 10, 11 a.m. and 1, 2, and 3 p.m.
- June through December tours begin at 9 and 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m.
- Portions ADA accessible
- Advance reservation is requested.
- Learn more about the Capitol through our Online tour.
Capitol Store hours are 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday
Discover a variety of Kansas books, souvenirs, and other gifts.
Exit 362B on I-70, follow the signs to 10th and Jackson in Topeka, Kansas detailed driving instructions