Harvest Tales - Introduction
Celebrating Kansas Harvest
Browse harvest stories submitted by Kansans. "Harvest Tales" is part of the online exhibit, Wheat People: Celebrating Kansas Harvest.
Select a colored region of the map to read its harvest stories, or scroll down to the list below. To submit your own harvest story, contact us at KansasMuseum@kshs.org.
Wheat People: Celebrating Kansas Harvest is an online exhibit developed by the Kansas Museum of History.
- Wheat History - Corn used to be "King" in Kansas
- Gearing Up - Getting ready for harvest
- On the Run - Everybody moves quickly
- Family - Coming together in the fields
- Fast Food - Meals are a social event
- Nature - June is a stormy month
- To Market, To Market - The local grain elevator
- The Season's End - Harvest festivals
- Business or Way of Life? - Farming is both
Contact us at KansasMuseum@kshs.org