Using the research room - Open reference
Just inside the door to the research room is a magazine stand which contains some recent periodicals. They range in topic from genealogy to Kansas history to historic preservation.
The shelves along the side of the research room contain indexes and general reference material. There are guides to some state archives collections. Genealogical guides include:
- The Source
- Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920
- Germans to America series
- The Irish Famine Immigrants series
- Filby's Passenger and Immigration Index
- American Genealogical and Biographical Index
Our reference staff will be happy to help you throughout your visit to the research room. Individuals in need of access assistance or auxiliary aids and services are asked to contact the Historical Society prior to their visit.
The following links provide additional information about using the research room: