Jump to Navigation

Businesses in Richland, Kansas

missing
View at Kansas Memory

Date: Between 1880 and 1889

Level of Description: Item

Material Type: Photograph

Call Number: FK2.S5 R.73 *2

Unit ID: 216288

Summary: This black and white photograph shows the storefronts on the north side of Board Street in Richland, Kansas. The only sign on the businesses designates the Post Office. Founded in 1854, the town was located in Monmouth Township in the southeast corner of Shawnee County along the Wakarusa River. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, Richland was abandoned when the Corps of Engineers acquired land in the area for the flood plain of Clinton Lake in nearby Douglas County. Today, the broken pavement is the only remnant of the former town.

Space Required/Quantity: [Not stated]

Title (Main title): Businesses in Richland, Kansas

Locators:

No Locators Identified