Jump to Navigation

Re-dedication of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas

missing
View at Kansas Memory

Date: 1975

Level of Description: Item

Material Type: Photograph

Call Number: Menninger Fdn. Photographic Collection, box 20 #505

Unit ID: 226596

Summary: Irv Sheffel, Karl Menninger, M.D. and Roy Menninger, M.D. are shown at the re-dedication of the original Menninger Clinic building during the 50th anniversary celebration. In 1925, the Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased a farmhouse on the west edge of Topeka, Kansas. The farmhouse became the inpatient clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation. In 1982, the "West Campus", a much larger area, was developed west of Topeka. In 2003, the Menninger Foundation was moved to Houston, Texas.

Space Required/Quantity: [Not stated]

Title (Main title): Re-dedication of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas

Part of: Menninger Foundation Archives. Corporate Records of the Menninger Foundation. Menninger Foundation Archives Photograph Collection. Series VIII - Group Photos. Group Photos - M. Menninger - 50th Anniversary.

Scope and Content

Locators:

Locator Contents
118-14-03-20