Jump to Navigation

Facet Browse

Thematic Time Period (Remove)
Built Environment (Remove)
Date -- 1930s (Remove)
Collections -- Photograph (Remove)
Type of Material -- Photographs (Remove)
People -- Women (Remove)
Date (Remove)
Page 1 of 1, showing 3 records out of 3 total, starting on record 1, ending on 3

<< previous| | next >>

Title | Creator | Date Made Visible | None

Graves Drug Store, Garnett, Kansas

Interior view of Graves Drug Store. Shown is the soda fountain, employees, and a customer.

previewthumb

Views of the Kansas Women's Industrial Farm, Lansing, Kansas

These are two views of the Kansas Women's Industrial Farm in Lansing, Kansas. In 1916, this facility was established, and, for a year, it was a branch of the men's prison at the Kansas State Penitentiary in Leavenworth County. In 1917, it began operating as a separate, satellite unit. The Industrial Farm was under the supervision of the State Board of Administration before coming under the control of the Board of Penal Institutions, which was eventually reorganized as the Department of Corrections. It housed women who had committed crimes against the state. In 1980, the facility became co-correctional and the name was changed to the Kansas Correctional Institution at Lansing in 1983.

previewthumb

Milk maids at the Kansas Women's Industrial Farm, Lansing, Kansas

This photograph shows the dairy barn and milk maids at the Kansas Women's Industrial Farm in Lansing, Kansas. In 1916, this facility was established, and, for a year, it was a branch of the men's prison at the Kansas State Penitentiary in Leavenworth County. In 1917, it began operating as a separate, satellite unit. The Industrial Farm was under the supervision of the State Board of Administration before coming under the control of the Board of Penal Institutions, which was eventually reorganized as the Department of Corrections. It housed women who had committed crimes against the state. In 1980, the facility became co-correctional and the name was changed to the Kansas Correctional Institution at Lansing in 1983.

previewthumb
<< previous| | next >>