Jump to Navigation

Facet Browse

Thematic Time Period -- Cattle Drives, 1867 - 1885 (Remove)
Built Environment (Remove)
Places (Remove)
Business and Industry -- Occupations/Professions (Remove)
Type of Material (Remove)
People (Remove)
Page 1 of 1, showing 2 records out of 2 total, starting on record 1, ending on 2

<< previous| | next >>

Title | Creator | Date Made Visible | None

Lange's Drug Store, Leavenworth, Kansas

This photograph shows an exterior view of Lange's Drug Store on the corner of 4th and Shawnee streets in Leavenworth, Kansas. A sign advertising "Drugs and Medicines" and showing the traditional mortar and pestle pharmacy symbol is visible. The large sign on the right side of the building reads, "Lange's Drug Store. Drugs and medicines, paints, oils, brushes, and glass. Choice wines and liquors. Fine perfumery, toilet articles, soaps, sponges. Trusses a specialty. Prescriptions compounded day and night. Old Wizard oil, best family medicine." The sign farther to the right advertises "Tutt's Liver Pills." The sign above the arched window on the corner reads "Apotheke," the German word for a pharmacy . The sign to the left reads "Adolf Lange." Other businesses visible to the left of the picture include a store for boots and shoes, and a store with a sign reading, "Commission. Gus. O. L. Sauer." Two horse-drawn wagons are visible on the left, and trolley tracks are visible running along the dirt street. This same building was previously the Central Drug Store owned by Theodore Egersdorff.

previewthumb

Round-up in Clark County, Kansas

Steele, F. M. (Francis Marion), 1866-1936

This is a view of cowboys on their horses at a roundup in Clark County, Kansas. In the foreground are bedrolls and blankets. A windmill and a herd of horses are visible in the background.

previewthumb
<< previous| | next >>