Jump to Navigation

Facet Browse

Business and Industry -- Labor (Remove)
Business and Industry -- Occupations/Professions (Remove)
Type of Material -- Photographs (Remove)
Date (Remove)
Page 1 of 3, showing 10 records out of 21 total, starting on record 1, ending on 10

<< previous| 1 | 2 | 3|

Title | Creator | Date Made Visible | None

Plant operations staff at Menninger Clinic, Topeka, Kansas

Gene Lonnis is shown in the sign shop of the Menninger Clinic. The Plant Operations staff kept Menninger Clinic patients and staff buildings comfortable, with working utilities and attractive grounds.

previewthumb

Loading potatoes

Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company

A view of a man loading sacks of potatoes onto an Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway freight car.

previewthumb

Mail room at the Menninger Clinic, Topeka, Kansas

Randy Ripple and Mike Munoz are shown sorting mail at the Menninger Clinic. Dr. C.F. Menninger and his sons, Dr. Karl and Dr. Will, formed a group psychiatry practice in 1919. The Menninger Clinic as a sanitarium was established in 1925 with the purchase of a farm house and admittance of 12 patients. The philosophy was that mental illness could be treated with an integrated medical, psychodynamic, and developmental approach for the total health of patients.

previewthumb

Plant operations staff at the Menninger Clinic, Topeka, Kansas

A plumber is shown working on pipes in the plant operations department of the Menninger Clinic. The Plant Operations staff kept Menninger Clinic patients and staff buildings comfortable, with working utilities, and attractive grounds.

previewthumb

Menninger Clinic maintenance department, Topeka, Kansas

R. McElroy is pictured on the phone as part of her work in the Menninger Clinic maintenance department. In 1925, the Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased a farmhouse on the west edge of Topeka, Kansas. The farmhouse became the inpatient clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation.

previewthumb

Menninger Clinic maintenance department, Topeka, Kansas

R. McElroy is pictured organizing work orders as part of her work in the Menninger Clinic maintenance department. In 1925, the Menninger Sanitarium Corporation purchased a farmhouse on the west edge of Topeka, Kansas. The farmhouse became the inpatient clinic and the surrounding 20 acres were developed with buildings and gardens to become the "East Campus" of the Menninger Foundation.

previewthumb

Medical records office at the Menninger Clinic, Topeka, Kansas

Seven employees of the medical records office of the Menninger Clinic "West Campus" are shown in this photograph. The Menninger Clinic is a facility for mental-health treatment, education, research, and prevention. It was started in 1919 in Topeka, Kansas, by Dr. Charles F. Menninger and his two sons, Karl and William. It grew into a recognized center for the treatment of mental illness, teaching about mental health, and research in the field.

previewthumb

Medical records employees, Menninger Clinic, Topeka, Kansas

Three workers are preparing to move older medical records to secure storage off-site of the Menninger Clinic. To the left is Gayle Gregory, in the background is Nancy Gordon, and a summer worker from the Mayars programs is at the right of the photograph. The Menninger Clinic is a facility for mental-health treatment, education, research, and prevention. It was started in 1919 in Topeka, Kansas, by Dr. Charles F. Menninger and his two sons, Karl and William. It grew into a recognized center for the treatment of mental illness, teaching about mental health, and research in the field.

previewthumb

Hauling dirt for the railroad bed

Steele, F. M. (Francis Marion), 1866-1936

This is a view, presumed to have been taken in Haskell County, Kansas, of rail workers using horse- and mule-drawn wagons to haul dirt for a railroad bed.

previewthumb

Henry L. Gibaud

This is a photograph of Henry L. Gibaud who was born September 8, 1872 in Laulagnet, Asperjoe, (Ardeche), France. He traveled from France to Osage City, Kansas where he arrived on December 17, 1892 and started working in the coal mines. Gibaud was one of the first members of Local Union 1009 of the United Mine Workers of America and was active in the labor and union movements. Also, he was a member of the city council from the First Ward. Gibaud married Marie Louise Gibaud of Prades in 1899 and they had two sons. Henry L. Gibaud died May 18, 1919 in Osage City, Kansas.

previewthumb
<< previous| 1 | 2 | 3|

Business and Industry -- Labor

Business and Industry -- Occupations/Professions

Type of Material -- Photographs

Date

Agriculture

Built Environment

Business and Industry

Collections

Community Life

Education

Environment

Government and Politics

Home and Family

Military

Objects and Artifacts

People

Places

Thematic Time Period

Transportation

Type of Material