Jump to Navigation

Facet Browse

Built Environment -- Areas of Significance (Remove)
Type of Material -- Photographs (Remove)
Date (Remove)
Business and Industry -- Occupations/Professions (Remove)
Type of Material (Remove)
People (Remove)
Page 1 of 7, showing 10 records out of 69 total, starting on record 1, ending on 10

<< previous| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7|

Title | Creator | Date Made Visible | None

North Star Drug Store, Salina, Kansas

These photographs show exterior and interior views of the North Star Drug Store in Salina, Kansas. The first photograph shows an exterior view of the store with four men standing in front of the doorway. They are identified as Emil Lagbach, Bill Cacher (son of Dr. Cacher), A. Lagbach (assistant), and Mister Nelson (druggist). The sign above the doorway includes the traditional mortar and pestle pharmacy symbol, and also has the words "Svensk Apotek," identifying the store as a "Swedish pharmacy." Signs in the window advertise "Wa-Hoo Blood and Nerve Tonic." The second photograph shows an interior view of the store with employees and customers visible in the picture. A display case with boxes of cigars is visible on the left. A table with newspapers and magazines on it is visible in the middle, with other tables and chairs behind it. A soda fountain service counter is visible on the right. Signs above the shelves advertise cigars, perfumes, photo supplies, rubber goods, prescriptions, stationery, and candy.

previewthumb

Souvenir folder of Camp Funston, Kansas, and the workman who built it

Bloom, Moses

This souvenir folder on Camp Funston includes a color photo of home of Major General Woods; a panoramic view of the camp on the Ft. Riley military reservation near Junction City, Kansas; a view of some of the troops, the first territorial capitol of Kansas; troops on a pontoon bridge; mounted troops; a panoramic photograph of the the civilian workers who built the camp; and the Union Pacific railroad station at Camp Funston. There is also a listing of the accomplishments of the first six months of the war. The facility, named after Brigadier General Frederick Funston, was one of sixteen divisional cantonment training camps built during World War I to house and train soldiers for military duty. Construction began in July of 1917 as approximately 15,000 carpenters built buildings in city block squares. The number of buildings estimated to have been erected at the camp were from 2,800 to 4,000 to accommodate the over 40,000 soldiers from the U.S. Army's 89 Division that were stationed at the facility. After the war, Camp Funston became a "mustering-out" center as soldiers prepared to return to civilian life. In 1924, the military decommissioned the 2,000 acre site and dismantled the buildings.

previewthumb

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company's Fred Harvey House staff, El Paso, Texas

Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company

This black and white photograph shows the staff at the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company's Fred Harvey House, El Paso, Texas.

previewthumb

Harry Walter Colmery, American Legion Commander, speaking at the dedication of the Flanders Field Chapel, Waeregham, Belgium.

American Battle Monuments Commission

This is a photograph of Harry Walter Colmey, American Legion National Commander, speaking at the dedication of the Flanders Field Chapel, Waeregham, Belgium, August 8, 1937. It was copied from Dedications American War Memorials In Europe, 1937.

previewthumb

President Gerald Ford, Topeka, Kansas

These four black and white photographs show the thirty-eighth President of the United States Gerald R. Ford speaking to an estimated crowd of 12,500 people on the east steps of the capitol in Topeka, Kansas. Prior to this address, he spoke to a joint session of the Kansas legislature about his economic and energy programs. Later in the day, the president met with ten Midwest governors at Cedar Crest for a working luncheon to discuss proposals for strengthening the nation's economy and reducing America's dependency on Middle-East oil.

previewthumb

Harriet Lefley, PhD and W. Walter Menninger, M.D. at Menninger Clinic

Harriet Lefley, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Miami, is shown walking with W. Walter Menninger, M.D. on the West Campus of the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kansas.

previewthumb

Oskaloosa Band, Oskaloosa, Kansas

This is photograph of the members of the Oskaloosa Band assembled at the park bandstand in Oskaloosa, Kansas.

previewthumb

^c ranch owned by C. E. Doyle, Clark County, Kansas

Steele, F. M. (Francis Marion), 1866-1936

Cowboys in front of the ^c ranch house owned by C. E. Doyle of Clark County, Kansas. Also visible are a couple of women, saddled horses and a dog.

previewthumb

Marshall County Fair, Blue Rapids, Kansas

Hawkins, Omar F. (Omar Finlay), 1890-1967

This photograph shows four African American musicians performing on stage at the Marshall County Fair in Blue Rapids, Kansas. A crowd is gathered around the stage listening to the performance.

previewthumb

Pharmacy class at the University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas

This photograph shows a pharmacy class at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas. Dean Lucius E. Sayre, who founded and led the School of Pharmacy from 1885 to 1925, is seated fourth from the right. There are fourteen students visible in the class picture, including two women. Cases filled with bottles of chemicals and pharmacy supplies are visible in the background.

previewthumb
<< previous| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7|

Built Environment -- Areas of Significance

Type of Material -- Photographs

Date

Business and Industry -- Occupations/Professions

Type of Material

People

Agriculture

Built Environment

Business and Industry

Collections

Community Life

Curriculum

Education

Environment

Government and Politics

Home and Family

Military

Objects and Artifacts

Places

Thematic Time Period

Transportation