Jump to Navigation

Facet Browse

Transportation (Remove)
Type of Material (Remove)
Date (Remove)
Business and Industry -- Services (Remove)
Collections -- Photograph (Remove)
Places (Remove)
Page 1 of 25, showing 10 records out of 242 total, starting on record 1, ending on 10

<< previous| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9|

Title | Creator | Date Made Visible | None

Crandall House, at depot Lawrence, Kansas. 323 miles west of St. Louis Mo.

Gardner, Alexander, 1821-1882

This stereograph shows people standing on a platform in front of the Crandall House in Lawrence, Kansas. The Kaw Valley Saloon is visible in the photograph. The photograph is from Alexander Gardner's series, Across the Continent on the Union Pacific Railway, Eastern Division.

previewthumb

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company's Fred Harvey lunchroom, Emporia, Kansas

This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company's Fred Harvey lunchroom in Emporia, Kansas. At the horse shape counter a group of Harvey Girls are serving and taking orders from customers.

previewthumb

Rural Electrification Administration, Brown County

Wiggins, Byron

These workers from the Rural Electrification Administration are installing lines and poles in Brown County, Kansas. This was the first rural electrical line in Kansas.

previewthumb

Land buyers visit Satanta, Haskell County, Kansas

Steele, F. M. (Francis Marion), 1866-1936

This is a view of James Septer Patrick's business building (Jas. S. Patrick Agent for Satanta Lots And Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Lands) in Satanta, Kansas. There is a modified Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe logo on the front of Patrick's building. Some railroads received lands from the federal government. They sold the lands to help raise funds to build the railroad. Also visible in the photograph are the Deal building and a water tower, both under construction, and people seated in four automobiles. The first two cars contain land buyers from Wichita, Kansas (only John Jacob Miller, seated next to the driver in the first car, is identified ), the third car contains Mr. and Mrs. John Henry Johnson from Sublette, Kansas, and James Septer Patrick is alone in the fourth car. Note the steering wheels are on the right side of the cars.

previewthumb

Spectators gathered at new foundation for the Rutledge Hotel in Sublette, Kansas

Steele, F. M. (Francis Marion), 1866-1936

This is a view of people with their automobiles at the newly excavated foundation for the Rutledge Hotel in Sublette, Kansas. Also visible are the Rutledge tent restaurant and hotel for railroad workers on the left, and a freight train in the background.

previewthumb

Moving S.E. Cave's office building from Santa Fe to Sublette, Kansas

Steele, F. M. (Francis Marion), 1866-1936

This is a view of workers using wagons and mules to move S. E. Cave's office building from Santa Fe, Kansas, to the new Haskell County seat in Sublette, Kansas. The James S. Patrick Real Estate office, left, was later moved to Satanta, Kansas. In the background, behind the S. E. Cave building, is the original Haskell County Courthouse building. Santa Fe pioneers fought hard for a railroad for Haskell County, but when it came in 1913, it missed Santa Fe, the original county seat, by seven miles. In 1920, the county seat was moved to Sublette, Kansas, which had prospered by being on the Santa Fe railroad line, and Santa Fe faded away into a ghost town.

previewthumb

El Ortiz Hotel and Fred Harvey Lunchroom, Lamy, New Mexico

Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company

This photograph shows people standing in front of the El Ortiz Hotel and Fred Harvey Lunchroom in Lamy, New Mexico. Harvey hired Louis Curtiss, architect, and Mary Colter, interior designer, to build and furnish the hotel. It was completed in 1910 and demolished in 1943.

previewthumb

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Barstow, California

Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company

This shows the Fred Harvey's Casa Del Desierto and the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway Company depot in Barstow, California. Built in 1911, it was considered one of the jewels of the Harvey House system offering fine dining served on china. The hotel was equipped with a full ballroom and hosted many of the town's dances and social events.

previewthumb

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Fred Harvey House, and El Otero Hotel, La Junta, Colorado

This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Fred Harvey House, and the El Otero Hotel in La Junta Colorado. This sandstone and frame structure completed in 1895, with additions in 1907 and 1921. The Harvey House closed June 24, 1948. The building was demolished, in August of 1953, to make way for an ultra-modern station and facility.

previewthumb

Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Fred Harvey House, and El Otero Hotel, La Junta, Colorado

This photograph shows the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway Company depot, Fred Harvey House and the El Otero Hotel in La Junta, Colorado. The sandstone and frame structure was completed in 1895 with additions in 1907 and 1921. The Harvey House closed June 24, 1948. The building was demolished in August of 1953 to make way for an ultra-modern station and facility.

previewthumb
<< previous| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9|

Transportation

Type of Material

Date

Business and Industry -- Services

Collections -- Photograph

Places

Agriculture

Built Environment

Business and Industry

Collections

Community Life

Curriculum

Education

Environment

Government and Politics

Home and Family

Military

Objects and Artifacts

People

Thematic Time Period