Jump to Navigation

Facet Browse

Date -- 1890s (Remove)
Date (Remove)
Collections -- Museum (Remove)
Community Life (Remove)
Places (Remove)
Objects and Artifacts -- Tools & Equipment for Materials (Remove)
People -- Notable Kansans (Remove)
Type of Material (Remove)
People (Remove)
Page 1 of 1, showing 1 records out of 1 total, starting on record 1, ending on 1

<< previous| | next >>

Title | Creator | Date Made Visible | None

Cup

Hand-wrought communal iron drinking cup with attached chain. The cup was attached to a rock by the Sulphur Spring public spring near Fort Scott around 1800 and saw continuous use until communal drinking cups were banned by the Kansas State Board of Health in 1909. The cup was replaced by a sanitary drinking fountain on November 1, 1911. Dr. Samuel J. Crumbine, Director of the Board of Health, used the cup in his public health and sanitation campaigns, and it was later displayed at the Paper Cup and Container Institute in New York.

previewthumb
<< previous| | next >>