Jump to Navigation

Facet Browse

People (Remove)
Business and Industry -- Services (Remove)
Collections (Remove)
Objects and Artifacts (Remove)
Date -- 1910s (Remove)
Transportation -- Non-motorized (Remove)
Business and Industry (Remove)
Page 1 of 1, showing 5 records out of 5 total, starting on record 1, ending on 5

<< previous| | next >>

Title | Creator | Date Made Visible | None

F. M. Steele's photography wagon

Steele, F. M. (Francis Marion), 1866-1936

View of F. M. (Francis Marion) Steele's photography wagon with a young girl on horseback in the foreground and a herd of cattle in the background.

previewthumb

L. W. Halbe Collection

Halbe, L. W. (Leslie Winfield), 1893-1981

The L. W. (Leslie Winfield) Halbe photo collection consists of 1500 glass plate negatives produced by Halbe during his teenage years. Halbe lived in Dorrance, Russell County, Kansas, and began taking photographs of the region with an inexpensive Sears and Roebuck camera when he was fifteen years old.

previewthumb

Salina Plumbing Company delivery wagon, Salina, Kansas

These three photographs show the delivery wagons of the Salina Plumbing Company in Salina, Kansas. The first image shows Anna Geis, the bookkeeper, standing next to the wagon. The second view shows Ed Sharp leaning on the wagon. The last photograph shows just the horse and wagon.

previewthumb

Drawing by Myron A. Waterman

Waterman, Myron A.

Pen and ink by Myron A. Waterman (1855-1937) of small streetcar drawn by mules stopped in front of a lunchroom. Waterman first gained recognition as a political cartoonist and illustrator in the early 1890s while working as the editor of the Fort Scott Lantern. He held a number of other occupations throughout his life including working in the drug store business and serving as a deputy state bank commissioner of Kansas from 1894 to 1901. Waterman was a staunch prohibitionist and a member of the First Congregational Church in Topeka, Kansas, moving there from Fort Scott in 1893. In 1901 or 1902 he relocated to Kansas City, Kansas.

previewthumb

View of the northeast corner of the north side of the courthouse square in Fredonia, Wilson County, Kansas

This is a view of the intersection of 6th Street and Monroe, at the northeast corner of the north side of the courthouse square in Fredonia, Wilson County, Kansas. The building on the corner is the Long Brothers building, which houses a millinery shop. Other businesses visible include the Fredonia Gas Company, the Fredonia Brick Company offices, the Kennedy Printing Company, and the J. E. Wolcott Piano Store.

previewthumb
<< previous| | next >>

People

Business and Industry -- Services

Collections

Objects and Artifacts

Date -- 1910s

Transportation -- Non-motorized

Business and Industry

Agriculture

Built Environment

Community Life

Date

Education

Environment

Government and Politics

Home and Family

Military

Places

Thematic Time Period

Transportation

Type of Material