Jump to Navigation

Facet Browse

Type of Material -- Photographs (Remove)
Transportation -- Non-motorized (Remove)
Objects and Artifacts (Remove)
Places (Remove)
Date -- 1910s (Remove)
Collections -- Photograph (Remove)
Business and Industry -- Services (Remove)
Business and Industry (Remove)
Page 1 of 2, showing 10 records out of 11 total, starting on record 1, ending on 10

<< previous| 1 | 2|

Title | Creator | Date Made Visible | None

Moving S.E. Cave's office building from Santa Fe to Sublette, Kansas

Steele, F. M. (Francis Marion), 1866-1936

This is a view of workers using wagons and mules to move S. E. Cave's office building from Santa Fe, Kansas, to the new Haskell County seat in Sublette, Kansas. The James S. Patrick Real Estate office, left, was later moved to Satanta, Kansas. In the background, behind the S. E. Cave building, is the original Haskell County Courthouse building. Santa Fe pioneers fought hard for a railroad for Haskell County, but when it came in 1913, it missed Santa Fe, the original county seat, by seven miles. In 1920, the county seat was moved to Sublette, Kansas, which had prospered by being on the Santa Fe railroad line, and Santa Fe faded away into a ghost town.

previewthumb

Brewery album

A photograph album containing 37 photographs of saloons, Turner Halls, breweries, Shawnee County Courthouse, and shipping and delivery of beer in northeast Kansas.

previewthumb

L. W. Halbe Collection

Halbe, L. W. (Leslie Winfield), 1893-1981

The L. W. (Leslie Winfield) Halbe photo collection consists of 1500 glass plate negatives produced by Halbe during his teenage years. Halbe lived in Dorrance, Russell County, Kansas, and began taking photographs of the region with an inexpensive Sears and Roebuck camera when he was fifteen years old.

previewthumb

Drug stores on Broadway Street, Marysville, Kansas

These photographs show four views at different times of drug stores and other businesses on Broadway Street in Marysville, Kansas. The first photograph shows Broadway looking east around 1873, with a building marked "Drug Store" visible on the right side of the street. The second photograph shows a view looking west on Broadway (although the caption calls it Main Street) around 1911, with a sign for "E. D. Vincent, Druggist" visible on the side of a building. An unusual sight in this photograph is a man standing on the top of a utility pole, visible just below the right end of the druggist sign. The third photograph, also from 1911, shows Broadway looking east, with the sign for E. D. Vincent's Drug Store barely visible in the background of the right side of the street. The fourth photograph shows almost the same view of Broadway looking west around the 1920s. The sign on the building reads "A and B Drug Company, the Rexall Store." The first two photographs have horses and carriages visible, the third photograph has both carriages and automobiles visible, and the fourth photograph has numerous automobiles visible along the street.

previewthumb

Fernan (?) Lake Ice Company ice wagon, Hoxie, Kansas

This is a photograph of the Fernan (?) Lake Ice Company horse-drawn ice wagon in Hoxie, Kansas, possibly in 1907.

previewthumb

Scenes of Sherman County, Kansas

Multiple scenes of Sherman County, Kansas.

previewthumb

Scenes of Sherman County, Kansas

Multiple scenes of Sherman County, Kansas.

previewthumb

Salina Plumbing Company delivery wagon, Salina, Kansas

These three photographs show the delivery wagons of the Salina Plumbing Company in Salina, Kansas. The first image shows Anna Geis, the bookkeeper, standing next to the wagon. The second view shows Ed Sharp leaning on the wagon. The last photograph shows just the horse and wagon.

previewthumb

Strieby Wagon and Blacksmith Shop, Council Grove, Kansas

These photographs show the Strieby Wagon and Blacksmith shop, built in 1862 by Chris Strieby in Council Grove, Kansas. The photograph of the shop interior shows Samuel Strieby at work in 1870 or earlier. Chris Strieby is visible in the two exterior photographs taken in 1910.

previewthumb

View of the northeast corner of the north side of the courthouse square in Fredonia, Wilson County, Kansas

This is a view of the intersection of 6th Street and Monroe, at the northeast corner of the north side of the courthouse square in Fredonia, Wilson County, Kansas. The building on the corner is the Long Brothers building, which houses a millinery shop. Other businesses visible include the Fredonia Gas Company, the Fredonia Brick Company offices, the Kennedy Printing Company, and the J. E. Wolcott Piano Store.

previewthumb
<< previous| 1 | 2|

Type of Material -- Photographs

Transportation -- Non-motorized

Objects and Artifacts

Places

Date -- 1910s

Collections -- Photograph

Business and Industry -- Services

Business and Industry

Agriculture

Built Environment

Community Life

Date

Education

Environment

Government and Politics

Home and Family

Military

People

Thematic Time Period

Transportation

Type of Material