Jump to Navigation


SIGN
[Visual Communication Tools and Equipment]


missing
View at Kansas Memory

Accession Number: 1987.178.59

Physical Description: Black rectangular “Lunch Room” sign. Horizontal japanned steel sign with gold lettering on both sides. Narrow raised beaded border around edge. Two steel loop hangers mounted at top.

History of Object: According to the Santa Fe Museum inventory, this lunchroom sign (Santa Fe Museum #236) was used at the Gran Quivira Harvey House in Clovis, NM. The Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe established the town of Clovis as a division point on its new line across New Mexico, purchasing the land in 1906. The Harvey House was one of the earliest buildings constructed in the town.

Date: Between 1906 and 1920

Dimensions (in cm): 27.20 (H) 77.00 (W) 1.20 (D)

Marks/Inscriptions: [gold lettering on both sides] LUNCH ROOM ||

Index Terms

Associations and Subjects

    Business / Organization: Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company
    Use, Place of: Clovis (N.M.)
    Theme/topic: Dinners and dining
    Use, Place of: Restaurants
    Individual: Harvey, Fred
    Use, Place of: Harvey House

Status: Cataloged

For more information, please contact our museum staff.