Jump to Navigation


SPOON
[Food Service Tools and Equipment]


missing
View at Kansas Memory

Accession Number: 1965.58.20

Physical Description: Sterling commemorative spoon. Scene of the "State Normal [School]. Emporia, Kans." in bowl. Handle bears the State Seal on the obverse and an image of the State Capitol on the reverse.

History of Object: Kansas State Normal School opened in 1865. In 1923 the name was changed to Kansas State Teacher's College, and in 1977 to Emporia State University.

Date: Between 1890 and 1920

Index Terms

Associations and Subjects

    Use, Place of: Lyon County (Kan.)
    Use, Place of: Emporia (Kan.)
    Theme/topic: Emporia State University
    Theme/topic: Kansas State Normal School

Status: Inventoried

Only basic data is available online for this object. For further assistance, please contact our museum staff.