Jump to Navigation

National and State Registers of Historic Places

Bank of Oberlin

Picture of property 187 South Penn
Oberlin (Decatur County)
Listed in National Register 1994-12-01

Architect: Mr. White
Category: financial institution; courthouse

The Bank of Oberlin was established in 1880 by Robert Alexander Marks and erected this building in circa 1886. It is a two-story, red brick, Italianate-style commercial block with limestone details and arched windows. It was nominated for its architectural significance and its association with local commerce.



New Search