Jump to Navigation

National and State Registers of Historic Places

Pryor House

Picture of property 263 S Pershing
Wichita (Sedgwick County)
Listed in National Register 2009-07-08

Architect: Walter Morris (1892-1963) builder
Category: single dwelling
Thematic Nomination: Residential Resources of Wichita, Sedgwick County, KS, 1870-1957

This Colonial Revival-style residence was built in 1928 and is located in Wichita’s College Hill neighborhood. It was built by residential real estate developers Walter L. Morris & Son as part of the Lincoln Heights subdivision, which they platted in 1927. City building permit files suggest the firm built approximately twenty residences in the Lincoln Heights subdivision. Ralph J. Pryor, an independent oil producer, purchased the home and lived there until 1943. The house is nominated as part of the "Residential Resources of Wichita, 1870-1957" multiple property listing for its association with the development of the neighborhood and for its Colonial Revival-style architecture.



New Search